Go Online: Earth and Space - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zkbbkqt
Go Online: The Solar System - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zdrrd2p
Go Online: Earth and Beyond (Comprehensive information and activities) - http://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/science/the-earth-and-beyond/introduction/
Read, Make and Explore: Explore the wonders of the universe through hands-on fun! In Astronomy Lab for Kids, science educator Michelle Nichols has compiled 52 labs and activities that use everyday materials from around the house to encourage kids, their friends, and their families to look up, down, and around at everything from the shadows on the ground to the stars in the sky. (Astronomy Lab for Kids - 52 Family-Friendly Activities by Michelle Nichols)
Make It: Create a 3D model of the solar system.
Explore: Go star gazing on a clear evening.
Discuss: Look at a globe together and discuss how the Earth spins on its axis
Research it: Research the different planets.
Listen and create: Listen to ‘The Planets’ by Gustav Holst. Maybe create some planetary artwork whilst you listen to the song.
Visit: The National Space Centre - https://spacecentre.co.uk/
Visit: The Planetarium at the Royal Observatory - https://www.rmg.co.uk/royal-observatory
- The Science Museum - https://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/see-and-do/exploring-space
- The Natural History Museum - https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/space.html
Go Online: The European Space Agency - https://www.esa.int/kids/en/home
Play: Create your own space program. The aim of the game is to build a space craft by assembling specific parts and fly it successfully – virtual rocket science without the risks! There's a free demo version to try, or the complete game can be purchased. (https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/)
- The Usborne Official Astronaut's Handbook by Louie Stowell
- The Comic Strip History of Space by Tracey Turner
- Professor Astro Cat's Frontiers of Space by Ben Newman
- NGK Everything Space by National Geographic Kids
- Stephen Hawking (Little People, Big Dreams): 27 by Isabel Sanchez Vegara