- Animals (including classification) - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zn22pv4
- Microorganisms - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zfxxsbk
- Animal Classification - https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/science-ks2--ks3-classification-of-organisms/zh7g92p
- Amazing Animal Groups - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwH8xGmqGmo
- Taxonomy: Life's Filing System - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F38BmgPcZ_I
- The Work of Carl Linnaeus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LVunuIOT4w
- Animal Classifications - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6anmd7DnYw
- Microorganisms - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSitT0oOoyc
- The Beneficial Bacteria That Make Delicious Food - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eksagPy5tmQ
- How Does Your Immune System Work? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRJfaAYkW4
Go Online: (Enquiry skills)
- What are classification keys - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z9cbcwx
- What is classification and identification - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zccm3k7
Visit: The Natural History Museum - https://www.nhm.ac.uk/
- How small are micro-organisms? See micro-organisms at different magnifications and compare them to the head of a pin.
- See inside your immune system and meet your bodyguards and enemies.
- Look at some close-up pictures of bacteria.
- Marvel at some beautiful micrographical photography.
- See videos of micro-organisms moving.
Visit: Horniman Museum and Gardens - Follow their Animal Walk and you’ll see alpacas, goats, guinea pigs, and more, with the chance to get up close. Inside, their excellent little aquarium plays host to shoals of fishes, along with colourful frogs and jellyfish. To top it all off, you can take a stroll through their butterfly house - https://www.horniman.ac.uk/
Visit: London Wetlands Centre - https://www.wwt.org.uk/wetland-centres/london/
- Explore a brilliant kids' microbiology website, packed with games, activities, challenges and Minecraft maps.
- Visit the online Microbe Science Show and play KS1 games to help you understand more about microbes.
Create: Paint your own microbe!
Research it: Research Edward Jenner and Sir Alexander Fleming.
Visit: Visit a safari park or zoo to learn more about animals first hand.
London Zoo - https://www.zsl.org/zsl-london-zoo
Paradise Wildlife Park - https://www.pwpark.com/
SEA LIFE London Aquarium - https://www.visitsealife.com/london/
Woburn Safari Park - https://www.woburnsafari.co.uk/
Butterfly Farm - https://www.butterflyfarm.co.uk/attraction/
The Big Cat Sanctuary - https://thebigcatsanctuary.org/
Port Lympne Safari Park - https://www.aspinallfoundation.org/port-lympne/
- The Variety of Life by Nicola Davies
- Animalium (Welcome To The Museum) by Jenny Broom
- Classification and Evolution by Peter Riley