Have a go at home!
Can you find your home?
Can you draw your route from your home to school?
How many schools are there in Southgate?
How many countries make up The United Kingdom?
Log in: N147EG
Try it out!
What was Prehistoric Britain like?
What did the Romans bring to Britain?
Related books for wider reading:
• The Leopard in the Golden Cage by Julia Edwards
• Across the Roman Wall by Theresa Breslin
• The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff
• V-Mail: Letters from the Romans at Vindolanda Fort Near Hadrian's Wall by Katharine Hoare
• A Roman Banquet by Hawys Morgan (Rising Stars Reading Planet)
Places to visit:
• A local Roman site (see Historic England/English Heritage for information)
• Grosvenor Museum, Chester
• Colchester Castle Museum
• British Museum, London
• Museum of London
• Verulamium Museum, St Albans
• Housesteads Fort, Hexham
• Vindolanda, Hexham
• Aquae Sulis Roman Baths, Bath
• Lullingstone Roman Villa, Eynsford
• National Roman Legion Museum, Newport, Wales
• English Heritage on Hadrian’s Wall: https://www.englishheritage.org.uk/members-area/kids/roman-england/roman-legionary/#section1
• BBC page on Vindolanda: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/romans/vindolanda_01.shtml
• Legacy developments:
https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/Roman-Roadsin-England/ o https://www.ducksters.com/history/ancient_rome/roman_baths.php o https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z8grkqt